If you're looking for a hairstyle that marries femininity with modern edge, look no further. The Braided Fauxhawk is the perfect hairstyle for your next night out with the girls. Added bonus? This trendy braided style complements all hair textures! If you're ready to start rocking this look, follow the step-by-step directions below!
Get the Look
1. To prep your hair for styling a braided fauxhauk you'll want to start by giving your hair fullness and volume. Reach for a thickening primer like L'Oréal Professionnel's Tecni.Art Densite. Applied throughout damp hair, this primer provides the hair with density and root elevation while thickening polymers add fullness.
2. Once prepped and primed, use a round brush to blow-dry your hair smooth.
3. Use a long-tail comb to create two straight parts on either side of where you'd like your braided fauxhawk to be. Then using the section of hair in the center of these parts, create a French braid starting at the hairline and ending at the crown. Secure with an elastic.
4. To detail the style reach for L'Oréal Professionnel's Architexture and then twist and wrap the hair within the elastic around its base in order to form a bun.
5. Beef up the bun by gently pulling on it to separate and loosen.
6. Finally, mist a small amount of L'Oréal Professionnel Shower Shine to finish.